*Choose the answer that best describes how you feel about the question.
1. When You talk about individuals named, “Inspire The World 2Day” and “Morning Grouch” and “MenoMama3” and “WeaverGrace” and “The Underground Writer” and “Bitter Ben” or “BumblePuppies,” do your family and friends assume you are referring to:
a) New Muppet Characters that are making a debut on Sesame Street this week to teach kids about Feelings
b) Some very troubled individuals in the new Twelve Step Anonymous program you recently attended
c) Very real (and talented) Bloggers that you often have communications with
2. A member of your household just lost their job. A good friend of yours has recently started a steamy love affair. Your child just got a C- on a History exam. A second cousin (who’s a painter) has named her newborn child, “Hunter Green.” All of these people have the following immediate gut instinct:
a) To call you for support, encouragement, understanding or applause.
b) To hide this news from you because they don’t want to upset, burden, or distract you with their daily lives.
c) To advise you that this latest information is copyrighted, trademarked, or patented and under no circumstances are you to blog about it!
3. When you complain about having trouble with a dashboard, your significant other:
a) Makes an appointment with the Toyota dealer to have the warning lights and the speedometer looked at.
b) Reminds you that if you slow down and stop dashing thru your day, things wouldn’t be so boring.
c) Immediately logs into WordPress.com and says, “Well, here’s our problem right here. You’re blogging too damn much!”
4. The Daily Prompt is:
a) A clever scenario that triggers the desire to write a blog
b) My body’s signal that I need chocolate
c) A note I leave on the dishwasher for other household members that says, “Empty Me Now!”
5. If someone inquires about Stats:
a) You smile, bat your lashes, and tell them yours are, “36-23-36, of course.
b) You rattle off the number of TD’s, Interceptions, Fumbles and Passes Complete for the Denver Broncos and loudly assert that they should have won the Super Bowl.
c) Whip out a computerized print-out, a yellow highlighter, and show the person how many Views your blog is currently receiving from Egypt.
6. Someone asks you to please stop following them so closely, you:
a) Apply the brakes and remember that in driver’s training you learned it’s one car length per every 10 mph.
b) Remind them that it’s a free country and if you want to wear skinny jeans with a paisley plaid flannel shirt and a backwards baseball cap, you will. They don’t have a monopoly on fashion!
c) Immediately click the “Unfollow” button on your blog. You’ll show them! They were lucky you even gave them the time of day in the first place.
7. When someone asks if you are happy with the new Post, you:
a) Nod and offer to give them the name of your contractor that built the entire side fence around your house.
b) Tell them, “Absolutely not, the price of stamps these days is outrageous.”
c) Launch into a diatribe about how many drafts it took you and how nobody even left a single Like or a Comment.
8. Freshly Pressed is:
a) The long lost art of placing roses and other lovely flowers in between the pages of a scrapbook
b) Something your dry cleaner tries to skimp on with your dress shirts.
c) The number one item on your bucket list!
9. After you Tag, you:
a) Shout, “You’re it!” and then run like hell.
b) Remind yourself that labels and stereotypes are never useful in society because we are all individuals
c) Hope and pray that every search engine in the world brings up your blog first
10. If a houseguest remarks, “I sure think your Background is fun,” you:
a) Tell them that it would be nice if only the Italian genes on your mother’s side weren’t so strong-willed.
b) Assume they’re being sarcastic and offer to change the music playing in your home to something classical.
c) Thank them, but then ask if they think it clashes with your header? Does it send the right message? If you pay them would they custom design a different one for you???
* SCORING: Mostly A’s – You’re able to compartmentalize and keep both aspects of your life in order. Mostly B’s – Your Worlds Are Colliding just like George Costanza in Seinfeld. Mostly C’s – You have Blog Blur so bad, even Extra Strength Windex won’t clear up the confusion for those around you. GET SOME SEPARATION RIGHT NOW! (Right after you leave me a comment!)