- Beautiful Red Sparkly Shoes, size 8. $15. Or trade for a hot-air balloon ride or strong dog leash? Beautiful ruby beading. A little scuffed during a house-dropping incident, but plenty of wear left. Great for costume if you’re dressing up as me. Just don’t announce, “It’s too late. There they are and there they’ll stay!” after you try them on — or some mean, old bitty might follow you around during an entire Halloween party. Contact Dorothy.
- Poppies: Brightly colored. Some with snowflakes. Excellent cure for insomnia. $4 per bunch. Contact Oz Florist.
- Farmhouse: $159K. Built 1939, 1800 square ft. 3 BR/2BA comes with pigs, horses, sheep and cows. Broken storm cellar, but house doubles as an airplane. You’ll find a few comps but honestly there’s no place like this home! Contact Kansas Realty.
- Stallion: $200. Gallops, Trots fine. Will trade for a horse of a different color. See Guardian of the Gate, Emerald City. Bell out of order — please knock.
- Curtain Panel or Drapes: Fabric that blends into the background so people will pay no attention to it. Large enough to conceal grown man maneuvering levers and switches. Contact ME, because, because, because, because because, because….because of the wonderful things I do!
- Attorney: Experienced in Entertainment Law to bring lawsuit against MGM. The part of Dorothy should have been mine. Contact Shirley Temple.
- Broom: Could have been stolen after several thugs melted me. What a world, what a world. If found contact Margaret Hamilton. Trivia: Did you know I was only 36 years old while Glinda was actually 54? So who was the real old hag?
- Broom: On streets of Emerald City. Must identify or we’re giving it to Burt, the affable Chimney Sweep in Mary Poppins, next soundstage over. Contact any Oz Janitor.
- Is your fave color yellow? Are you a brick layer with tons of experience with grouting. Apply in person. Just follow the . . . other applicants.
- Hiring Surgeons! Experienced in both Brain and Heart transplants. Two patients prepped and ready to go. Must fly here as Heart patient sets off metal detectors and Brain patient claims “it’s the last straw” for airport security. Contact Miss Gulch, R.N.
- Makeup Artist Needed. Tired of green complexion and exaggerated nose. Ready for a whole new look that doesn’t necessarily compel men to pull me into the nearest broom closet, but still bewitching in bed. Also miracle concealer for these undereye bags and droopy chin? Is it too much to hope for defying gravity? Contact Elphaba.
- Lyricist: Needed to change words from “Ding-Dong the witch is dead!” to “Knock-Knock and relax, the witch is just injured.” It’s kinda ruining my job security. Contact: Avon Lady.
- Square Dance Social: This Saturday night, 7 pm. At the end of that famous road. Sponsored by The Lullaby League and The Lollypop Guild.
- Happy Birthday Dorothy! Love Uncle Henry. PS. Hurry home, Auntie Em is sick. Very sick.
- Single White Male Fortune Teller looking to meet female psychic or medium. Owns working crystal ball and I’m a Wiz around the house. Contact Professor Marvel.
- Surrender Dorothy! From Guess Who?
- Munchkins — better watch your teeny tiny backs! Sincerely, Oompa Loompas
Betcha you’ve got some other clever ones? Leave me a “Wizard of Oz” Classified Ad of your own below — C’mon, it’s fun!
Throwing a party? Did you know I’m a retired event planner with some “unique” invitation tips published HERE. Say Hi to me in the comments section over there so I can connect the dots to you back here!
I am surprised you didn’t include the Dorothy Spring “I’m Melting” Water. Or the Emerald City Pet Store with monkeys that fly and cowardly lions.
I heard on the news that the Smithsonian will spend 300 grand to renovate those ruby reds. Sounds like Imelda Marcos has struck again.
Wanted – 1 hair-stylist. Tired of pigtails and bows. It’s soooo 19th century. (Dot)
LikeLiked by 2 people
Love!! Dot… haha. Thanks for always being playful with me (and clever!)
Well I’ll take the shoes but I’m not paying more than $10… with free shipping!! It’s the Jewish in me! I’d also like to apply for the lyricist position.
LikeLiked by 2 people
Always delightful! Thanks for the many chuckles!
LikeLiked by 1 person